Maps Latest war map of Europe : as seen through French eyes /
Franco Prussian War
- Latest war map of Europe : as seen through French eyes /
- Other Title
- Map of Europe :
- Map of Europe :
- Contributor Names
- Hadol, Paul, 1835-1875.
- Created / Published
- Boston : L. Prang & Co., 1870.
- Subject Headings
- - Europe--History--Maps
- - Caricature--Europe--Maps
- - Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871--Propaganda
- - Europe
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1870 by L. Prang & Co., in the office of the Librarian of Congress of Washington."
- - In lower margin: Britannia, full of Rage almost forgets Ireland. Spain, smoking, leans on poor Portugal. France fighting the invader, Prussia, which stretches one hand towards Holland the other towards Austria. Italy says to Bismark, "Take off your foot." Corsica and Sardinia, a little joker, laughs over everything. Denmark lost his legs in Holstein, hoping to retake them again. European Turkey yawns and awakens. Asiatic Turkey sucks her hookah. Sweden bounds a la panther; and Russia resembles a rag-picker, waiting his chance to fill his basket.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 24 x 37 cm.
- Call Number
- G5701.S1 1870 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5701s ct002859 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5701s.ct002859
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.