Maps Map of the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers and their tributaries: explored by Capt. W.F. Raynolds, Topl. Engrs. and 1st. Lieut. H. E. Maynadier, 10th. Infy. Assistant. 1859-60 /
United States. War Department
Discovery and Exploration
Maynadier, H. E.
Raynolds, W. F.
- Map of the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers and their tributaries: explored by Capt. W.F. Raynolds, Topl. Engrs. and 1st. Lieut. H. E. Maynadier, 10th. Infy. Assistant. 1859-60 /
- Contributor Names
- United States. War Department.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : U.S. War Dept., 1868].
- Subject Headings
- - Raynolds, W. F.--1820-1894.--(William Franklin)
- - Maynadier, H. E.--1830-1868.--(Henry Eveleth)
- - Bache, Hartman,--1797-1872
- - Yellowstone River--Discovery and exploration
- - Missouri River--Discovery and exploration
- - United States--Yellowstone River
- - United States--Missouri River
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - From Report of the Secretary of War, communicating, in compliance with a resolution of the Senate of February 13, 1866, the report of Brevet Brigadier General W.F. Raynolds, on the exploration of the Yellowstone and the country drained by that river. July 19, 1867. -- Read; ordered to lie on the table. Motion to print referred to the Committee on Printing. July 17, 1868. Serial Set Vol. No. 1317, Session Vol. No. 2. 40th Congress, 2nd Session. S. Exec. Doc. 77.
- - "Engraved in the Engineer Bureau, War Dept."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 68 x 103 cm. on two sheets 78 x 60 cm.
- Call Number
- G4127.Y4S12 1868 .U5
- G4127.Y4S12 1868 .U5 Copy 3 Lacks western half.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4127y ct002286 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4127y.ct002286
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.