Maps A new map of the state of North Carolina : constructed from actual surveys, authentic public documents and private contributions. /
Williams, W. (Wellington)
- A new map of the state of North Carolina : constructed from actual surveys, authentic public documents and private contributions. /
- Contributor Names
- Williams, W. (Wellington)
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : [s.n.], 1854.
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows boundaries, cities and towns, churches, mills, principal roads, plank roads, railroads, gold mines, and natural features.
- - Prime meridian: Washington.
- - "Published under the patronage of the legislature."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1854 by W. Williams, in the Clerk's Office of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 85 x 212 cm.
- Call Number
- G3900 1854 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3900 ct003170 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3900.ct003170
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.