Maps Map exhibiting the rail road, canal, lake, and river routes from New York and Boston to the west : via Ocdensburgh [sic] and Sacket's [sic] Harbor, N.Y.
New York State
New York (State)
New York State
- Map exhibiting the rail road, canal, lake, and river routes from New York and Boston to the west : via Ocdensburgh [sic] and Sacket's [sic] Harbor, N.Y.
- Created / Published
- [New York? : s.n.], 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - Transportation--New York (State)
- - Transportation--New England
- - Railroads--New York (State)
- - Railroads--New York State--Planning
- - Railroads--New England
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New England
- - Covers New York State and New England (west of Portland, Me.).
- - Also shows railroads completed, under construction, chartered, and/or planned.
- - Does not contain statement of attribution.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text, statistical table (in dollars), and "Table of distances" (in miles).
- - LC copy imperfect: Additionally fold-lined, annotated in pencil on verso, lower margin trimmed, possibly removed from textual publication (unidentified).
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2009-034
- 1 map ; 49 x 72 cm., folded to 9 x 20 cm.
- Call Number
- G3801.P1 1849 .N4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3801p ct003122 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3801p.ct003122
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division