Maps Map of the Turco-Persian frontier : made by Russian and English officers in the years from 1849 to 1855 on the scale of 1:73,050 and reduced to the scale of 1:253,440 or 4 English miles to 1 inch /
Great Britain. Ordnance Survey
- Map of the Turco-Persian frontier : made by Russian and English officers in the years from 1849 to 1855 on the scale of 1:73,050 and reduced to the scale of 1:253,440 or 4 English miles to 1 inch /
- Contributor Names
- Great Britain. Ordnance Survey.
- Created / Published
- Southampton : Ordnance Survey Office, 1912.
- Subject Headings
- - Turkey--Boundaries--Iran
- - Iran--Boundaries--Turkey
- - Borderlands--Turkey
- - Borderlands--Iran
- - Turkey--History--1288-1918--Ottoman Empire
- - Turkey
- - Iran
- - Covers the international frontier zone; exact position of the boundary not shown.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Vegetation, agriculture, and other land-use shown by area tints.
- - Title from sheet 1.
- - In lower margin of some sheets: Drawn on the Rectangular Tangential Projection of the Sphere and photographed at the Ordnance Survey Office Southampton 1873. Major General Sir Henry James R.E. F.R.S. &c., Director."
- - Signature handwritten in ink at foot of title on sheet 1: Henry James, M. General.
- - LC copy imperfect: Back cover of portfolio and tie-ribbons missing. DLC
- - Accompanied by paperboard portfolio cover with handwritten adhesive title label affixed: Map of the Turco-Persian Frontier (in 9 sheets) made by Russian & English officers 1849-1855.
- - Includes "Index to sheets" diagram on sheet 1.
- - Sheets numbered: Sheet 1 [thru] Sheet 8. No sheet no. printed on sheets 7 (half-size sheet) and 9 (one-third-size sheet).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 9 sheets : col., mounted on cloth backing ; 438 x 232 cm., sheets 102 x 72 cm. or smaller, folded in portfolio 54 x 38 cm.
- Call Number
- G7431.F2 1855 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g7431fm gct00207 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g7431fm.gct00207
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.