Maps Balkan battlegrounds /
- Balkan battlegrounds /
- Contributor Names
- United States. Central Intelligence Agency. Office of Russian and European Analysis.
- Created / Published
- Washington, DC : Central Intelligence Agency, Office of Russian and European Analysis, 2002-2003.
- Subject Headings
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--History--Maps
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--Campaigns--Maps
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--Campaigns--Slovenia--Maps
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--Campaigns--Croatia--Maps
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--Campaigns--Bosnia and Herzegovina--Maps
- - Yugoslav War, 1991-1995--Campaigns--History
- - Former Yugoslav republics--History, Military--20th century--Maps
- - Slovenia
- - Croatia
- - Bosnia and Hercegovina
- - Former Yugoslav republics
- - Regional maps showing troop positions, troop movements, and battle-front lines during the Yugoslav conflict of 1991-1995.
- - Relief shown by contours, shading, and spot heights.
- - Title from map slipcase.
- - Map scales range from ca. 1:500,000 (Slovenia map) to ca. 1:50,000.
- - Includes 2 paperbound history texts titled: Balkan battlegrounds--a military history of the Yugoslav conflict, 1990-1995. xxx, 501 p. : col. ill., index ; 28 cm. (vol. 1). -- ix, 580 p. : index ; 28 cm. (vol. 2).
- - Includes coverage map (inset) and geographic coordinates. Some maps also include note.
- - Bibliographic notes in accompanying texts.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - The names of the months have been abbreviated in the contents note that gives the individual map titles.
- - Accompanying texts are filed on set shelf.
- 63 maps : col. ; 92 x 02 cm. or smaller, some folded to 28 x 22 cm., in slipcase 29 x 22 x 5 cm.
- Call Number
- G6841.S73 svar .U4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g6841sm gct00210 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g6841sm.gct00210
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.