Maps Asiento present hordenat a payon les responsions dels pezos e mezures : delahun boch al altre de tots los presents bochs nnomenats los quals son cap e regiment de la mercadoria hordenat : [Mediterraneo e Europa] /
Aids to Navigation
Weights and Measures
- Asiento present hordenat a payon les responsions dels pezos e mezures : delahun boch al altre de tots los presents bochs nnomenats los quals son cap e regiment de la mercadoria hordenat : [Mediterraneo e Europa] /
- Contributor Names
- Domenech, Arnald.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Mediterranean Region
- - Nautical charts--Mediterranean Sea
- - Nautical charts--Europe
- - Aids to navigation--Mediterranean Region
- - Aids to navigation--Mediterranean Sea
- - Aids to navigation--Europe
- - Weights and measures--Standards--Mediterranean Region
- - Weights and measures--Standards--Europe
- - Mediterranean Region
- - Europe
- - Siena (Italy)
- - Mediterranean Sea
- - Diagrammatic map of weights and measures in use in 27 Mediterranean and European seaports.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Each port city is represented by a vignette of a prominent local tower and the vignettes are connected by rhumb lines.
- - Manuscript: pen-and-ink (light brown) and watercolors.
- - LC Nautical charts on vellum, 4.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes and an aerial view of the walled city of Siena in the upper margin (neck of sheet).
- 1 ms. map : col., vellum ; 49 x 35 cm., on sheet 60 x 37 cm., matted and mounted between transparent lucite sheets 76 x 51 cm., sealed by tape at edges.
- Call Number
- G5672.M4P5 1484 .D6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5672m ct003135 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5672m.ct003135
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.