Maps Plan of part of the city of Washington : on which is shewn the squares, lots, &c., divided between William Prout Esq'r and the Commissioners of the Federal Buildings, agreeably to the deed of trust /
- Plan of part of the city of Washington : on which is shewn the squares, lots, &c., divided between William Prout Esq'r and the Commissioners of the Federal Buildings, agreeably to the deed of trust /
- Contributor Names
- King, N. (Nicholas), 1771-1812.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Prout, William--Homes and haunts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Lincoln Park (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Capitol Hill (Washington)
- Cadastral maps
- Manuscript maps
- - Cadastral map showing original landholdings, new block numbers, new lot lines, lot numbers, and street widths.
- - Covers area in N.E.-S.E. Washington (now Lincoln Park district) approx. bounded by Navy Yard, 3rd St. N.E.-S.E., H St. N.E., and 13th St. N.E.-S.E.
- - Manuscript: Pen-and-ink, red ink, and watercolors.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Drawn in southern/northern segments.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Lightly soiled on surface, brittle, missing small sections along margins.
- - Watermark: Russell & Co. 1797.
- - Accompanied by an exemplary section of the original cloth backing (removed during 1998 conservation treatment).
- - Includes text titled "Explanation" and embellished title cartouche.
- - DCP
- - Acquisitions control no.: 1998-04
- 1 ms. map on 2 sheets : col., on paper backing ; 51 x 141 cm., sheets each 53 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3851.G46 1800 .K4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.