Maps Naval Hospital grounds, Chelsea, Mass. /
Chelsea (Mass.). City Engineer
U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
Vinal, W. I.
Vinal, W. I. (Washington Irving)
U.S. Public Health Service Hospital at Boston
- Naval Hospital grounds, Chelsea, Mass. /
- Contributor Names
- Vinal, W. I. (Washington Irving)
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Chelsea (Mass.). City Engineer.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - U.S. Public Health Service Hospital at Boston--Maps, Manuscript
- - U.S. Public Health Service Hospital at Boston--Maps, Topographic
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- - Hospital relocated to Boston from Chelsea in 1940 and is currently known as U.S. Public Health Service Hospital at Boston.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing paper.
- - Rubber-stamped: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, Apr. 17, 1895, Library and Archives.
- - Accompanied by sheet (22 x 18 cm.) that describes this map and related maps from City Engineer's Office in Chelsea, Mass. and signed by W. Irving Vinal.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Imperfect: Torn, brittle, missing pieces along edges.
- - Survey accession number stamped in lower right corner: 1063.
- 1 ms. map ; on sheet 47 x 76 cm.
- Call Number
- G3764.B6:2U2 1894 .V5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3764b ct003222 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3764b.ct003222
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.