Maps Position of the 2 armies during the greatest part of the 28th July and at the attack on the center of the British & Spanish line at about 2 o'clock p.m.
Talavera De La Reina
King of Spain
Talavera De La Reina
Talavera De La Reina (Spain)
Talavera, Battle Of, Talavera De La Reina, Spain
Wellington, Arthur Wellesley
- Position of the 2 armies during the greatest part of the 28th July and at the attack on the center of the British & Spanish line at about 2 o'clock p.m.
- Other Title
- Position of the two armies during the greatest part of the 28th July and at the attack on the center of the British & Spanish line at about 2 o'clock p.m.
- Contributor Names
- Hartmann, George, Major, 1774-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Talavera de la Reina (Spain)
- - Talavera, Battle of, Talavera de la Reina, Spain, 1809
- - Peninsular War, 1807-1814--Spain
- - Wellington, Arthur Wellesley,--Duke of,--1769-1852
- - Joseph Bonaparte,--King of Spain,--1768-1844
- - Spain--Talavera de la Reina
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- - Shows movements of English and Spanish troops under the Duke of Wellington and French troops under Joseph Bonaparte shown by two overlaying fold-over extensions pasted onto map.
- - Pen-and-ink, pencil, and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Top fold-over extension. Position of the French right at about 6 o'clock in the evening to cover the retreat of their center -- Bottom fold-over extension. Position of the British left and the attack of the French on it in the morning of the 28th at day break.
- - Minimal level cataloging record.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 39 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G6564.T24 1809 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g6564t hl000017a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g6564t.hl000017a
- g6564t hl000017b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g6564t.hl000017b
- g6564t hl000017c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g6564t.hl000017c
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.