Maps Nle. carte d'Amerique : dressée sur les mémoires les plus récens et assujetie aux derniers observations astronomiques /
Desnos, Louis Charles
Discoveries in Geography
Early Works to 1800
- Nle. carte d'Amerique : dressée sur les mémoires les plus récens et assujetie aux derniers observations astronomiques /
- Other Title
- Nouvelle carte d'Amerique
- Amerique septentrionale et meridionale :
- Contributor Names
- Desnos, Louis-Charles, 1725-1805.
- Created / Published
- [Paris : L.C. Desnos, 1781]
- Subject Headings
- - Western Hemisphere--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Discoveries in geography--North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Western Hemisphere
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Originally published in 1770.
- - Prime meridian: Ferro.
- - Gift; Raymond Nasher; October, 1998.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset of the Bering Strait region, text in margin surrounding map, and col. ill.
- - Acquisitions control no. 1999-018
- 1 map : hand col. ; 89 x 95 cm.
- Call Number
- G3290 1781 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3290 ct000293 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3290.ct000293
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.