Maps Typus generalis Ukrainæ : sive Palatinatuum Podoliæ, Kioviensis et Braczlaviensis terras nova delineatione exhibens /
Administrative and Political Divisions
- Typus generalis Ukrainæ : sive Palatinatuum Podoliæ, Kioviensis et Braczlaviensis terras nova delineatione exhibens /
- Contributor Names
- Valck, G. (Gerard), 1651 or 1652-1726.
- Created / Published
- [Amstelodami? : Venditant apud P. Schenk et G. Valk, 1705?]
- Subject Headings
- - Ukraine
- - Ukraine--Administrative and political divisions
- - Covers palatinates that are now part of central and southern Ukraine (at the time a part of the Russian Empire previously acquired by military conquest from the Ottoman Empire).
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - In Latin.
- - Unidentified meridian.
- - Probable atlas plate removed from Peter Schenk's Atlas contractus. Amsterdam : [1705?].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes directory of scale bars in foreign dimensions, male figures and coat-of-arms in title cartouche, and legend at lower left.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, trimmed, annotated in lead pencil "Schenk--[17--]" in lower margin.
- - LC copy annotated in ink at upper right: 107.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 41 x 52 cm., on sheet 53 x 62 cm., folded to 53 x 31 cm.
- Call Number
- G7100 1705 .V3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g7100 ct003503 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g7100.ct003503
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.