Maps Map of the counties of Genesee & Shiawassee, Michigan, 1859 : from actual surveys & official records /
Bush, J. E. (John E.)
Geil and Jones
Herline & Hensel
Genesee County (Mich.)
Shiawassee County (Mich.)
- Map of the counties of Genesee & Shiawassee, Michigan, 1859 : from actual surveys & official records /
- Contributor Names
- Geil and Jones.
- Bush, J. E. (John E.), 1856-1916.
- Herline & Hensel.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Geil & Jones, 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Genesee County (Mich.)--Maps
- - Shiawassee County (Mich.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Michigan--Genesee County--Maps
- - Landowners--Michigan--Shiawassee County--Maps
- - United States--Michigan--Genesee County
- - United States--Michigan--Shiawassee County
- - Stamped at head of title: "23 Jan. 1860."
- - "Surveys by J.W. Stout, J.D. Nash & C. Wilson."
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1859 by Samuel Geil, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Penn."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 328
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, "directory of non-resident subscribers," distance tables in Shiawassee County, Genesee County, and illustrations.
- - Insets: Newburg, Shiawassee Co. -- Byron -- City of Owosso, Shiawassee County -- North Linden -- Linden, Genesee Co. -- Whitesburg, Thetford, Genesee Co. -- Corunna Village, Shiawassee County -- Genesee, Genesee Co. -- Farrandville, Genesee Co. -- Fentonville, Genesee Co. -- Shiawassee Town, Shiawassee Co. -- City of Flint, Genesee Co. -- Village of Flushing, Genesee Co. -- Davisionville, Genesee Co -- Gibsonville, Genesee Co. -- Pine Run or Vienna Genesee Co.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color, mounted on cloth backing ; 145 x 155 cm, on sheets 153 x 82 cm and 152 x 83 cm, folded to 52 x 84 cm
- Call Number
- G4113.G4 1859 .G4
- G4113.G4 1859 .G4 Copy 2 Sectioned to 6 sheets, mounted on cloth backing. Sheets 75 x 55 cm or smaller.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.