Maps Map of the counties of Bergen and Passaic, New Jersey : from actual surveys /
- Map of the counties of Bergen and Passaic, New Jersey : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Corey, G. H.
- Gillette, John E.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : G. H. Corey, Publisher, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Bergen County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Passaic County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Bergen County--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Passaic County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New Jersey--Bergen County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New Jersey--Passaic County--Maps
- - Paterson (N.J.)--Maps
- - Passaic (N.J.)--Maps
- - Hackensack (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Bergen County
- - United States--New Jersey--Passaic County
- - United States--New Jersey--Paterson
- - United States--New Jersey--Passaic
- - United States--New Jersey--Hackensack
- Cadastral maps
- - County wall map showing roads, townships, buildings, and householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress by John E. Gillette in the year 1861 ... for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 438
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets now conjoined.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, missing upper left corner of border, each sheet sectioned to 3 panels.
- - Includes insets of cities of Paterson/Passaic/Hackensack, 13 other insets of boroughs/villages, 3 city business directories, and embellished border.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., on cloth backing ; 139 x 113 cm., sheets 147 x 60 cm., folded to 49 x 62 cm. and 50 x 62 cm.
- Call Number
- G3813.B4 1861 .H6
- G3813.B4 1861 .H8 Copy 2 Not col. (black-and-white), sectioned to 4 sheets on cloth backing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.