Maps A plan of the town of New Haven : with all the buildings in 1748 taken by the Hon. Gen. Wadsworth of Durham to which are added the names and professions of the inhabitants at that period : also the location of lots to many of the first grantees /
Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences
Lyon, Wm. (William)
New Haven (Conn.)
- A plan of the town of New Haven : with all the buildings in 1748 taken by the Hon. Gen. Wadsworth of Durham to which are added the names and professions of the inhabitants at that period : also the location of lots to many of the first grantees /
- Contributor Names
- Lyon, Wm. (William)
- Kensett, Thomas, 1786-1829.
- Wadsworth, James, 1730-1817.
- Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Created / Published
- [New Haven?] : Published by T. Kensett, engraver, 
- Subject Headings
- - New Haven (Conn.)--History--Maps
- - Historic buildings--Connecticut--New Haven--Maps
- - Real property--Connecticut--New Haven--Maps
- - Landowners--Connecticut--New Haven--Maps
- - United States--Connecticut--New Haven
- - Pictorial historical map that shows historic buildings, historic trees, and ships.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Includes historical notes and index to lots of first grantees with names of grantees indicated.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Brittle, worn, torn, darkened, annotated in pen-and-ink and pencil on verso, mounted on cloth backing.
- 1 map ; 66 x 48 cm.
- Call Number
- G3784.N4S1 1806 .L9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.