Maps Rand, McNally & Co.'s map of the northern portion of the Black Hills
Rand Mcnally and Company
Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.)
Gold Mines and Mining
- Rand, McNally & Co.'s map of the northern portion of the Black Hills
- Other Title
- Rand, McNally & Co.'s new map of the Black Hills
- New map of the Black Hills
- Map of the northern portion of the Black Hills
- rand, mcnally & co.'s new map of the black hills
- new map of the black hills
- map of the northern portion of the black hills
- Contributor Names
- Rand McNally and Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago : Rand, McNally & Co., 1877.
- Subject Headings
- - Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.)
- - Gold mines and mining--South Dakota--Black Hills
- - South Dakota--Black Hills
- - Relief shown in hachures.
- - "The survey was made ... by Maj. Geo. Henckel."
- - Includes seven illustrations.
- - Includes index to "gold-bearing quartz lodes" and "silver-bearing lodes"; all are in South Dakota.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 58 x 66 cm.
- Call Number
- G4182.B5 1875 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4182b ct003266 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4182b.ct003266
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.