Maps Holbrook's map of the city of Newark, New Jersey.
A.S. Holbrook's Printing Office
Administrative and Political Divisions
East Newark (N.J.)
- Holbrook's map of the city of Newark, New Jersey.
- Contributor Names
- A.S. Holbrook's Printing Office.
- Created / Published
- [Newark] : A.S. Holbrook's Printing Office, 1875.
- Subject Headings
- - Newark (N.J.)
- - Newark (N.J.)--Administrative and political divisions
- - East Newark (N.J.)
- - Harrison (N.J.)
- - United States--New Jersey--Newark
- - United States--New Jersey--East Newark
- - United States--New Jersey--Harrison
- - Street map hand col. to show wards and ward numbers.
- - Shows radial distances from city center.
- - Also covers boroughs of East Newark and Harrison.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Includes notes, directory of "Streets, lands, courts & alleys not named on the map", ill., and advertisements.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, torn/missing small sections at fold lines, taped, trimmed at upper margin, removed from city directory. DLC
- 1 map : hand col. ; 46 x 52 cm., folded to 20 x 12 cm.
- Call Number
- G3814.N5 1875 .A2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3814n wd000524 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3814n.wd000524
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.