Film, Video Buster makes room for his mama at the bargain counter /
Buster Brown (Advertising Character)
Mothers and Sons
- Buster makes room for his mama at the bargain counter /
- Other Title
- Buster Brown series: Buster makes room for his mama at the bargain counter
- Buster cleans a bargain counter
- Buster Brown series, scene III
- buster brown series: buster makes room for his mama at the bargain counter
- buster cleans a bargain counter
- buster brown series, scene iii
- "Shows a bargain counter in a department store and a large gathering of women examining goods. It is a special sale, and a great deal of interest is shown by the ladies, who jostle and crowd each other to secure the choicest bargains. Mrs. Brown enters, accompanied by Buster and Tige. Mrs. Brown is unable to get near the counter and is in despair. Buster sees his mamma's predicament, whispers in Tige's ear to "take a fit," which he does by throwing somersaults high in the air, and running wildly about as though mad. The dog's actions frighten the shoppers and they scatter in all directions. After the stampede Mrs. Brown proceeds to make her purchases, while Tige seats himself on a stool, and Buster looks on very innocently"--Edison films catalog, no. 288, July 1906.
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Buster Brown (Advertising character)
- - Boys--United States--Drama
- - Teasing--Drama
- - Dogs--Drama
- - Tricks--Drama
- - Mothers and sons--Drama
- - Shopping--Drama
- - Duration: 1:37 at 16 fps.
- - This short was originally copyrighted with four other short films under the title, Buster Brown series (H43074).
- - LC holds viewing print compilations of Buster Brown shorts which include this film. The viewing print compilation listed in the Early motion pictures catalog (FLA 5269) can be found under the title, Buster Brown series. [No. 3].
- - Based on the comic strip Buster Brown, by Richard F. Outcault.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Before the nickelodeon, 1991, p. 267-72; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 288, July 1906, p. 29-30 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 41 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- Call Number
- FRA 8278 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 2298d http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.2298d
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.