Film, Video [Buster's dog to the rescue] /
Buster Brown (Advertising Character)
Mothers and Sons
- [Buster's dog to the rescue] /
- Other Title
- Buster Brown series: Pranks of Buster Brown and his dog Tige
- Busters revenge on the tramp
- Tige to the rescue
- Buster Brown series, scene IV
- buster brown series: pranks of buster brown and his dog tige
- busters revenge on the tramp
- tige to the rescue
- buster brown series, scene iv
- "Shows a kitchen and Bridget busy making crullers. Buster enters and begs Bridget to give him one. Bridget refuses and places all the crullers in a basket on the top pantry shelf. She warns Buster not to touch them, and leaves the room. Buster secures a stepladder and proceeds to climb to the top. As he is about to secure the coveted prize his mamma enters, chastises him severely, and ties Buster fast to the table, and leaves the room. Buster calls Tige to his assistance, explains the situation, and points to the top shelf of the closet. Tige mounts the ladder, secures the basket and places it on the table at Buster's elbow. The scene closes with Buster and Tige dividing the spoils"--Edison films catalog, no. 288, July 1906.
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Buster Brown (Advertising character)
- - Boys--United States--Discipline--Drama
- - Teasing--Drama
- - Dogs--Drama
- - Tricks--Drama
- - Mothers and sons--Drama
- - Duration: 2:20 at 16 fps.
- - This short was originally copyrighted with four other short films under the title, Buster Brown series (H43074).
- - Supplied title from LC American Memory WWW site. The title, "Busters revenge on the tramp" [sic], appears on the paper roll. However, no tramp appears in this film. "Buster's revenge on the tramp" has been used as the title of a different film in the Buster Brown series, in which a tramp does appear. For more information, see notes on variant titles in MBRS Acquisitions: Paper Print (Buster Brown) file.
- - MAVIS 47655; [Buster's dog to the rescue].
- - LC holds viewing print compilations of Buster Brown shorts which include this film. The viewing print compilation listed in the Early motion pictures catalog (FLA 5269) can be found under the title, Buster Brown series. [No. 3].
- - Based on the comic strip Buster Brown, by Richard F. Outcault.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Before the nickelodeon, 1991, p. 267-72; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 288, July 1906, p. 29-30.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- dupe neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 2 min., ca. 68 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number
- FRA 0365 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 2298a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.2298a
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.