Maps Map of the city of Memphis : including Fort Pickering and Hopefield, Ark. : together with the original grants and their subdivisions /
Rucker, W. E.
- Map of the city of Memphis : including Fort Pickering and Hopefield, Ark. : together with the original grants and their subdivisions /
- Contributor Names
- Rucker, W. E.
- Created / Published
- Cincinnati : Klauprech & Menzel's Lith., 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Tennessee--Memphis--Maps
- - Landowners--Tennessee--Memphis--Maps
- - Memphis (Tenn.)--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Memphis
- - Cadastral map showing lot numbers and dimensions, block numbers, subdivision names, and some landowners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1858, by E.W. Rucker in Clerks Office in the District Court og the U.S. for the Western District of Tennessee."
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolors pasted together from 4 sheets, taped and sectioned in 2 and mounted on cloth backing.
- - In inked script on verso: Memphis, Tenn. &c &c, 1858 E.W. Rucker.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Brittle, soiled, torn, missing small edge sections, taped on recto, discoloration and spotting, taped along fold lines on verso.
- - Includes indexed list of references and decorated border.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 120 x 194 cm., sheets 60 x 97 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.M5G46 1858 .R8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3964m la002025 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3964m.la002025
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.