Maps [Portolan chart of the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, and the coasts of Europe and northwest Africa].
Early Works to 1800
- [Portolan chart of the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, and the coasts of Europe and northwest Africa].
- Subject Headings
- - Seaports--Mediterranean Sea--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Mediterranean Sea--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Mediterranean Sea
- - Portolan chart with seaport names given for all coastlines.
- - Title devised by cataloguer.
- - Contains 4 compass roses in a circle centered in Italy to the north of Rome and half of a fifth on the trimmed center left edge.
- - Pen-and ink in brown, red, and green, with possible traces of gilding. The chart appears to have been cropped at the left and possibly the right.
- - LC Nautical charts on vellum, 13.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 manuscript map : color, vellum ; 51 x 77 cm, matted and mounted between transparent lucite sheets 72 x 93 cm, sealed by tape at edges.
- Call Number
- G5672.M4P5 15-- .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5672m ct003874 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5672m.ct003874
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.