Maps Political chart of the United States : shewing the progress of reform, or sober second thoughts of the people.
Politics and Government
- Political chart of the United States : shewing the progress of reform, or sober second thoughts of the people.
- Created / Published
- New York : Narine & Co., 1840.
- Subject Headings
- - Political parties--United States
- - Presidents--United States--Election
- - United States--Politics and government
- - United States
- - Shows Whig and other states in 1836 and 1840.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1840, by Narine & C.F. ... in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York."
- - "The trade supplied, at wholesale, by Robinson, Pratt & Co. ..."
- - LC copy annotated in ink in upper and lower margins.
- - Includes lists of results from presidential elections of 1836 and 1840 and ill.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 30 x 39 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.F9 1840 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701f ct003587 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701f.ct003587
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.