Maps A map of the counties of Salem and Gloucester, New Jersey : from actual surveys /
Gloucester County (N.J.)
Salem County (N.J.)
- A map of the counties of Salem and Gloucester, New Jersey : from actual surveys /
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by Smith & Wistar, 
- Subject Headings
- - Salem County (N.J.)
- - Gloucester County (N.J.)
- - Salem (N.J.)
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Salem County
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Gloucester County
- - United States--New Jersey--Salem County
- - United States--New Jersey--Gloucester County
- - United States--New Jersey--Salem
- - Wall map showing roads, buildings, and landholders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1849 by Smith & Wistar in the Clerk's Office of the District Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets (western/eastern) later conjoined, now quartered.
- - Hand col. to show municipalities.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, darkened, water-stained at border of SW sheet, annotated in lead pencil near title, hemmed at outer edges.
- - On handwritten label affixed to verso of southeastern sheet: Salem & Gloucester Cos., N. Jersey.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 462
- - Includes text (with text publishers' names), statistical tables, inset "Plan of the town of Salem", ill. of county buildings, and small "View of Woodbury".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 94 x 133 cm., sheets 50 x 74 cm.
- Call Number
- G3813.S2 1849 .S8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3813s la000462 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3813s.la000462
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.