Maps [Sketch map of the Battle of Horseshoe Bend of Tallapoosa River, 27th March 1814.].
McEwen, Robert Houston
Horseshoe Bend, Battle Of, Ala.
War of 1812
- [Sketch map of the Battle of Horseshoe Bend of Tallapoosa River, 27th March 1814.].
- Contributor Names
- McEwen, Robert Houston.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Alabama--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - Horseshoe Bend, Battle of, Ala., 1814--Maps
- - United States--Alabama
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows fortifications and troop positions.
- - Pen-and-ink, pencil, and watercolor.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Handwritten annotation on recto: "I drew this description of the battle ground & made the memorandums on my hat the morning after the battle, the battle commenced about 10 o'clock A.M. & ended about sundown. I was regimental quarter master, to a regiment of six months volunteers from East Tennessee commanded by Col. John Brown. We left Kinston, E. Ten. the 23rd Jany 1814 for the Creek nation & returned to Kingston the 9 May 1814, the war with the Indians being at an end. My Col. being sick I had a high command on the day of battle [signed] R.H. McEwen."
- - Accompanied by presentation note signed Warren Coleman.  p. ; 29 cm.
- - Minimal level cataloging record.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map ; 33 x 20 cm.
- Call Number
- G3971.S42 1814 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3971s ct003678 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3971s.ct003678
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.