Maps Preliminary map of a part of the south side of James River /
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
- Preliminary map of a part of the south side of James River /
- Other Title
- South side of James River, 1864
- Contributor Names
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Created / Published
- [Virginia] : Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V., 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Virginia
- - Landowners--Virginia
- - Virginia
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward upper left.
- - At head of title: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V. Maj Genl. J.F. Gilmer, chief engr.
- - On sheets nos. 1 and 2: Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer. Presented to the West Point Military Academy by his only daughter, Mrs J.F. Minis, Savannah, Ga.
- - On sheet no. 3: Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs J.F. Minis, Savannah, Ga.
- - "Gilmer maps no. 49."
- - Sheet no. 1 -- Sheet no. 2 -- Sheet no. 3.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1300
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Printed on 3 separate sheets, sheet no. 1 sectioned in 3 joined together, sheets nos. 2 and 3 sectioned in 2 pasted together, and mounted on cloth backing. DLC
- - Includes notes.
- 1 map on 3 sheets : photocopy, sectioned and mounted on cloth backing ; 70 x 125 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3881.G46 1864 .G5
- G3881.G46 1864 .G5 Copy 2 Negative photocopy.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3881g la001300a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881g.la001300a
- g3881g la001300b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881g.la001300b
- g3881g la001300c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881g.la001300c
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.