Maps Map of Dinwiddie County, Virginia /
Scott, James D.
Dinwiddie County (Va.)
- Map of Dinwiddie County, Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Keily, James.
- Scott, James D.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : James D. Scott, 1854.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Dinwiddie County--Maps
- - Dinwiddie County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Dinwiddie County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savannah, Ga."
- - Two sheets joined to form 1.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1245
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Entered according to the act of Congress in the year 1853 by Robert P. Smith in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, darkened, halved, lacking large sections along edges, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes inset of Petersburg, tables of schools, taxies, religion, pop, and agricultural production.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 92 x 113 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.D6G46 1854 .K4
- G3883.G6G46 1864 .K4 Copy 2 Only one sheet (left side of map with title). Torn along fold line. Mounted on cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.