Map of Stafford County, Va /
Blackford, B. L.
Stafford County (Va.)
- Map of Stafford County, Va /
- Translated Title
- Map of Stafford County Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, B. L. (Benjamin Lewis).
- Created Published
- [Virginia: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V.], 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Stafford County
- - Stafford County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Stafford County.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward upper left.
- - "Office copy."
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savannah, Ga."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1360
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Annotated in lower right margin: Drawn by B.L. Blackford. Traced by Morton.
- - Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing
- - Stamped in blue ink in lower left margin: 29A. DLC
- 1 Map : Photocopy ; on Sheet 93 X 95 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.S7G46 1863 .B4
- G3883.S7G46 1863 .B4 Copy 2 Negative photocopy.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883s la001360 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883s.la001360
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.