Maps Map of Washington Co., Virginia and contiguous territory : showing mineral resources, agricultural areas, water-powers, railway facilities, roads, streams, educational institutions, names and residences of many land-owners, post-offices, &c. /
- Map of Washington Co., Virginia and contiguous territory : showing mineral resources, agricultural areas, water-powers, railway facilities, roads, streams, educational institutions, names and residences of many land-owners, post-offices, &c. /
- Other Title
- Map of Washington County, Virginia and contiguous territory
- Contributor Names
- Boyd, Charles Rufus, 1841-1903.
- Washington County (Va.). Board of Supervisors.
- J.L. Smith Co.
- Created / Published
- Phila., Pa. : J.L. Smith Map Publisher, 1890.
- Subject Headings
- - Mines and mineral resources--Virginia--Washington County--Maps
- - Agricultural resources--Virginia--Washington County--Maps
- - Schools--Virginia--Washington County--History--19th century--Maps
- - Real property--Virginia--Washington County--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Washington County--Maps
- - Washington County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Washington County
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows geology, economics and names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Copyright 1890 C.R. Boyd."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1363
- - Includes text, 1 inset: Plan of Damascus, Washington County, Virginia / Alson Hutton, C.E., 1887. Scale [1:2,376]. 198 ft. = 1 in., and geological legend.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., sectioned and mounted on cloth backing ; 103 x 154 cm., sheets 107 x 80 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.W4H1 1890 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.