Maps Map of Caroline /
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Caroline County (Va.)
- Map of Caroline /
- Other Title
- Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V. Maj. Gen. J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer
- Shows names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs J.F. Minis, Savh, Ga." LC Land ownership maps, 1231 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Two sheets sectioned and joined to form 1, mounted on cloth backing. DLC 1 map : photocopy ; 70 x 56 cm.
- Contributor Names
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Created / Published
- [Virginia : Chief engineer's Office D.N.V., 186-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Virginia--Caroline County
- - Landowners--Virginia--Caroline County
- - Caroline County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Caroline County
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs J.F. Minis, Savh, Ga."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1231
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Two sheets sectioned and joined to form 1, mounted on cloth backing. DLC
- 1 map : photocopy ; 70 x 56 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.C3G46 186- .G5
- G3883.C3G46 186- .G5 Copy 2 Negative photocopy.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883c la001231 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883c.la001231
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.