Maps Map of Loudoun County, Virginia /
Loudoun County (Va.)
- Map of Loudoun County, Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Taylor, Yardley.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Thomas Reynolds & Robert Pearsall Smith, c1854.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Loudoun County--Maps
- - Real property--Virginia--Loudoun County--Maps
- - Geology--Virginia--Loudoun County--Maps
- - Loudoun County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Loudoun County
- - Shows magisterial districts and names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Edition A."
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1853 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the Clerks Office of District Court of the Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania."
- - Sheets pasted together in 20 sections, sectioned in 4, and mounted on cloth.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1287
- - Includes text, "Geological profile of Loudoun County," list of elevations, abbreviation list, insets of Leesburg, Middleburg, and Waterford, and col. ill.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Losses along fold lines and torn along edges.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 94 x 132 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.L5G46 1854 .T3
- G3883.L5G46 1854 .T3 Copy 2 Annotated to show grid and more color. Large hole in top right half. Brittle, shellacked, darkened, small holes throughout map, losses along fold lines and edges. Mounted on cloth backing.
- G3883.L5G46 1854 .T3 Copy 3 Negative photocopy.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883l la001287 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883l.la001287
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.