Maps Map of Louisa County, Virginia /
Blackford, B. L.
Louisa County (Va.)
- Map of Louisa County, Virginia /
- Other Title
- Chief Engineers Office D.N.V., Colonel J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer
- chief engineers office d.n.v., colonel j.f. gilmer, chief engineer
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, B. L. (Benjamin Lewis)
- Created / Published
- [Virginia : s.n.], 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Virginia--Louisa County
- - Landowners--Virginia--Louisa County
- - Louisa County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Louisa County
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward upper left.
- - Blue-line print.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the West Point Military Academy by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savh, Ga."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1293
- - "Gilmer maps no. 26."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Torn along fold line. DLC
- 1 map : photocopy ; 58 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.L6G46 1863 .B41
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883l la001293 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883l.la001293
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.