Maps Map of the county of Rockbridge, Virginia /
Administrative and Political Divisions
Rockbridge County (Va.)
- Map of the county of Rockbridge, Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Gilham, William, 1819?-1872.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore : A. Hoen & Co., [186-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Rockbridge County--Maps
- - Real property--Virginia--Rockbridge County--Maps
- - Rockbridge County (Va.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Rockbridge County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Rockbridge County
- - Shows magisterial districts and names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward upper right.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1339, 1340
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Losses along edges and mounted on cloth backing.
- 1 map : hand col. : 76 x 91 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.R6G46 186- .G5
- G3883.R6G46 186- .G5 Copy 2 Annotated to show grid. Shellacked. Hand col., sectioned in two and mounted on cloth backing. Includes ink annotations and inscription on verso: Capt. Jed. Hotchkiss, engrs. ... Genl Ewell ... politeness of Capt A. Elhart. On verso on red and white affixed label: 51.
- G3883.R6G46 186- .G5 Copy 3 Uncolored. Lacks border.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883r la001339 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883r.la001339
- g3883r la001340 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883r.la001340
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.