Maps Map of the County of Los Angeles, California : compiled from U.S. land surveys, records of private surveys, and from other reliable sources /
Stahlberg, A. J.
Wildy, J. H.
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County (Calif.)
- Map of the County of Los Angeles, California : compiled from U.S. land surveys, records of private surveys, and from other reliable sources /
- Contributor Names
- Wildy, J. H.
- Bien, Julius, 1826-1909.
- Stahlberg, A. J.
- Created / Published
- [New York] : Julius Bien, 1877.
- Subject Headings
- - Los Angeles County (Calif.)--Maps
- - Real property--California--Los Angeles County--Maps
- - Landowners--California--Los Angeles County--Maps
- - United States--California--Los Angeles County
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Cadastral map showing drainage, roads, railroads, land ownership, landowners' names, ranchos, township & section lines, etc.
- - "Adopted by Board of Supervisors, Aug. 7th 1877."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1877, by Wildy & Stahlberg, in the office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington."
- - LC copy imperfect: Lower right portion of map torn off/missing.
- - Includes inset of Santa Catalina and San Clemente Islands and table of distances.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 22
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 130 x 118 cm., sheets 73 x 128 cm.
- Call Number
- G4363.L6 1877 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4363l la000022 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4363l.la000022
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.