Maps Official map of Los Angeles County, California : compiled under instructions and by the order of the Board of Supervisors of Los Angeles County /
Rowan, V. J.
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County (Calif.)
- Official map of Los Angeles County, California : compiled under instructions and by the order of the Board of Supervisors of Los Angeles County /
- Contributor Names
- Rowan, V. J. (Valentine James)
- Created / Published
- San Francisco, Cal. : Schmidt Label & Litho. Co., 1888.
- Subject Headings
- - Los Angeles County (Calif.)
- - Real property--California--Los Angeles County
- - Landowners--California--Los Angeles County
- - United States--California--Los Angeles County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Cadastral map showing drainage, roads, railroads, ranchos, township & section lines, land ownership, landowners' names, etc.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1888, by V.J. Rowan, in the office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington, D.C."
- - Includes view of the Los Angeles County Court House and col. ill.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 23
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 179 x 151 cm.
- Call Number
- G4363.L6 1888 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4363l la000023 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4363l.la000023
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.