Maps Shearer's map of York County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Shearer's map of York County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Shearer, William Otis.
- Lake, D. J.
- Subject Headings
- - York County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--York County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--York County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--York County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--York--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Dover--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Goldsboro--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Hanover (York County)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Wrightsville (York County)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Goldsboro--Maps
- - York (Pa.)--Maps
- - York (Pa.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps
- - Dover (Pa.)--Maps
- - Goldsboro (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hanover (York County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Wrightsville (York County, Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--York County
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders' names; the city/borough insets show building coverage and some occupants' names; Goldsborough inset shows lot lines, lot numbers, and owners' names.
- - Hand colored in red watercolor to emphasize township boundaries.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by W.O. Shearer & D.J. Lake in the year 1860 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, darkened at fold/cut lines, annotated in lead-pencil on backing, sectioned to 6 panels to enable folding.
- - Includes distance table, local business directories, 36 city/borough/village insets (including York, Dover, Hanover, Wrightsville), and illustrations of selected business prem0ises.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 825
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 151 x 150 cm, folded to 71 x 52 cm
- Call Number
- G3823.Y6 1860 .S4
- G3823.Y6 1860 .S4 Copy 2 On 6 sheets, shellacked, differently hand colored from Copy 1.
- G3823.Y6 1860 .S4 Copy 3 On 6 sheets, shellacked, differently hand colored from Copy 1, cloth hemmed.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.