Maps Map of Camden County, New Jersey /
Merry, Frederick Carles
Administrative and Political Divisions
Camden County (N.J.)
Gloucester City (N.J.)
- Map of Camden County, New Jersey /
- Contributor Names
- Merry, Frederick Carles, 1812-1900.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : R.L. Barnes ; Camden, N.J. : Lloyd Vanderveer, 1857
- Subject Headings
- - Camden County (N.J.)
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Camden County
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Haddonfield
- - Camden (N.J.)
- - Camden (N.J.)--Administrative and political divisions
- - Gloucester City (N.J.)
- - Haddonfield (N.J.)
- - United States--New Jersey--Camden County
- - United States--New Jersey--Haddonfield
- - United States--New Jersey--Camden
- - United States--New Jersey--Gloucester City
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Camden inset shows city wards and building coverage; the Gloucester inset shows prominent local buildings and churches; the Haddonfield inset shows householders' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize municipal boundaries and coverage.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by R.L. Barnes in ... the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets.
- - LC copy shellacked, brittle, cracked, hemmed at edges (only parts remain).
- - Includes text (history), notes, statistical tables, approval notice by surveyors, and ill. of prominent local buildings.
- - City and borough insets: Map of the city of Camden, New Jersey / by Edward H. Saunders, C.E. -- Gloucester -- Plan of Haddonfield.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 443
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 115 x 91 cm., sheets 64 x 106 cm., folded to 64 x 53 cm.
- Call Number
- G3813.C2 1857 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3813c la000443 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3813c.la000443
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.