Maps Map of Northampton Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Northampton Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Smith, Gallup & Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Smith, Gallup & Co. Publishers, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Northampton County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Northampton County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Northampton County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Northampton County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Easton (Northampton County)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bath--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Freemansburg--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Nazareth--Maps
- - Easton (Northampton County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Bath (Pa.)--Maps
- - Bethlehem (Pa.)--Maps
- - Freemansburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Nazareth (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Northampton County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Easton
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bath
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Freemansburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Nazareth
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the borough insets show real-property tracts (lots), owners' names, and building coverage; the village insets show houses and householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/borough boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by H. & C.T. Smith in the year 1860 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, cracked.
- - Includes local business directories, population statistical table, church membership table, 31 borough/village insets (including Easton, Bath, Bethlehem, Freemansburg, Nazareth), and ill.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 779
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 148 x 146 cm., sheets 76 x 149 cm., folded to 76 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.N6 1860 .H6
- G3823.N6 1860 .H6 Copy 2 On 6 sheets cut differently than those of Copy 1, missing sections at margins, cloth hemmed on outer edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823n la000779 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823n.la000779
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.