Maps Map of the counties of Monroe and Carbon, Pennsylvania /
Walling, Henry Francis
Carbon County (Pa.)
Cities and Towns
Jim Thorpe (Pa.)
Monroe County (Pa.)
- Map of the counties of Monroe and Carbon, Pennsylvania /
- Contributor Names
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- Created / Published
- New York : Loomis, Way & Palmer, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Monroe County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Carbon County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Monroe County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Carbon County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Monroe County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Carbon County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Monroe County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Carbon County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Stroudsburg--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Jim Thorpe--Maps
- - Stroudsburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Jim Thorpe (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Monroe County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Carbon County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Stroudsburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Jim Thorpe
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Stroudsburg and Mauch Chunk (name later changed to Jim Thorpe) borough insets show building coverage and occupants' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress A.D. 1860 by H.F. Walling in the ... Southern District of New York."
- - Printed in northern/southern segments (sheets).
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets (later conjoined on cloth backing).
- - LC copy imperfect: Sheets thirded to enable folding, fold-lined, spotted.
- - Includes population statistical table, distance table, local business directories, and 21 village/borough insets (including Stroudsburg and Mauch Chunk).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 776
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 137 x 137 cm., sheets 70 x 140 cm. and 73 x 146 cm., folded to 70 x 47 cm. and 73 x 48 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.M6 1860 .W3
- G3823.M6 1860 .W3 Copy 2 Printed on 6 sheets, brittle, mounted on cloth backing, missing sections (including cartographic content) at sheet edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823m la000776 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823m.la000776
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.