Maps Map of Berks County, Pennsylvania : from surveys /
- Map of Berks County, Pennsylvania : from surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Henry, M. S., active 1850-1854.
- Boyer, M. K.
- McLellan, David, approximately 1825-
- Created / Published
- [Reading, Pa.? : s.n.], 1854
- Subject Headings
- - Berks County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Berks County--Maps
- - Geology--Pennsylvania--Berks County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bernville--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Womelsdorf--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Boyertown--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hamburg--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Kutztown--Maps
- - Bernville (Pa.)--Maps
- - Womelsdorf (Pa.)--Maps
- - Boyertown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hamburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Kutztown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Reading (Pa.)--Aerial views
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Berks County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bernville
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Womelsdorf
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Boyertown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hamburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Kutztown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Reading
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the borough insets also show real property (lot lines, some with numbers) and landowners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/borough/city boundaries and areas.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - Printed in NW/NE/SW/SE segments (sheets).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, brittle, cracked, missing small sections along sheet edges.
- - Includes text (historical), statistical table, low-angle view of Reading city, and ill. of prominent buildings.
- - Insets: Plan of the borough of Bernville -- Geological map of Berks County by J.P. Hiester MD -- Plan of the borough of Womelsdorf -- Plan of Boyertown in Colebrookdale Township -- Plan of the borough of Hamburg -- Plan of the borough of Kutztown.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 710
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 97 x 126 cm., sheets 58 x 76 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.B5 1854 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.