Maps Cummings' map of Columbia and Montour counties, Penn'a : from actual surveys /
- Cummings' map of Columbia and Montour counties, Penn'a : from actual surveys /
- Other Title
- Map of Columbia and Montour counties, Penn'a
- Contributor Names
- Cummings, J. A. J.
- Subject Headings
- - Columbia County (Pa.)
- - Montour County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Columbia County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Montour County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Columbia County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Montour County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Columbia County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Montour County
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bloomsburg
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Berwick
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Danville
- - Bloomsburg (Pa.)
- - Berwick (Pa.)
- - Danville (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Columbia County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Montour County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bloomsburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Berwick
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Danville
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders' names; the borough insets show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township boundaries, township areas, and boroughs.
- - Distances between road junctions are shown in perches.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1860 by J.A.J. Cummings in the ... Eastern District of Penn'a."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, wrinkled, cloth hemmed. DLC
- - Includes text, note, local business directories, and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Borough/village insets: Bloomsburg -- Rohrsburg -- Washingtonville -- New Media -- Ruperts -- Centreville -- Light Street -- Benton -- Berwick -- Espy -- Roaring Creek or Slabtown -- Orangeville -- Buckhorn -- Danville -- Jerseytown -- Mifflinville -- Catawissa -- Limestoneville -- White Hall -- Mooresburg.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 730
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 140 x 146 cm, sheets 79 x 54 cm or smaller
- Call Number
- G3823.C7 1860 .C8
- G3823.C7 1860 .C8 Copy 2 On 4 sheets, not shellacked, annotated "Columbia & Montour Pa." in pencil lettering on cloth backing, all insets and illustrations along the left and right sides of the map have been trimmed off/missing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823c la000730 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823c.la000730
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.