Maps Map of Tioga County, Pennsylvania /
Walling, Henry Francis
Cities and Towns
Tioga County (Pa.)
- Map of Tioga County, Pennsylvania /
- Contributor Names
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- Created / Published
- New York : Way, Palmer & Co., 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Tioga County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Tioga County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Wellsboro
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Blossburg
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Westfield
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Mansfield
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Tioga
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Tioga County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Tioga County
- - Wellsboro (Pa.)
- - Blossburg (Pa.)
- - Westfield (Pa.)
- - Mansfield (Pa.)
- - Tioga (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Tioga County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Wellsboro
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Blossburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Westfield
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Mansfield
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Tioga
- - General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas, householders' names, and forested areas; 1 delimited tract is labelled "Fall Brook Coal Co's lands". The borough/village insets also show buildings and occupants' names; they do not show lots or tracts.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/borough boundaries and areas.
- - Printed in northern/southern segments (sheets).
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes distance table, local business directories,county population table, and ill. of prominent buildings.
- - Borough and village insets (qualified by township name): Wellsborough (Delmar) -- Blossburg (Bloss) -- Westfield Village (Westfield) -- Liberty Village (Liberty) -- Nauvoo P.O. (Liberty & Morris) -- Sabinsville (Clymer) -- Stony Fork (Delmar) -- Shortsville (Chatham) -- Cherry Flats (Covington & Charleston) -- East Charleston (Charleston) -- Keeney-ville (Middlebury) -- Hollidaytown (Middlebury) -- Fall Brook (Ward) -- Academy Corners (Deerfield) -- Knoxville (Deerfield) -- Nelson -- Osceola -- Elkland -- Lawrenceville -- Hammond Creek P.O. (Jackson) -- Daggetts Mills P.O. (Jackson) -- Jobs Corners (Jackson) -- Tioga Borough -- Mansfield Borough (Richmond) -- Mainsburg (Sullivan) -- Roseville (Rutland) -- Ogdensville (Union) -- Covington Borough (Covington).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, both sheets thirded to enable folding, missing sections of margin, missing large section at upper right including entire ill. and part of map content.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 138 x 157 cm., sheets 73 x 180 cm. and 74 x 180 cm., folded to 74 x 54 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.T5 1862 .W3
- G3823,T5 1862 ,W3 Copy 2 On western/eastern sheets, shellacked, darkened, missing corner sections, missing entire southern portion of map (the 2 original sheets--including title and insets).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823t la000800a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823t.la000800a
- g3823t la000800b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823t.la000800b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.