Maps Map of the oil fields of Warren and Forest counties, Pennsylvania.
Smith, John L.
Warranty of Title
- Map of the oil fields of Warren and Forest counties, Pennsylvania.
- Contributor Names
- Smith, John L., 1846-
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : J.L. Smith, map publisher, 1882.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Warren County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Warren County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Warren County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Oil fields--Pennsylvania--Warren County--Maps
- - Oil fields--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Warren County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Forest County
- - Cadastral map showing warranty-deed tracts, tract numbers, tract acreages, real-property tracts, landowners' names (including names of oil companies), pipelines, roads, and railways.
- - Covers the oil property speculation region but does not show specific oil fields or oil wells.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township areas and county boundaries.
- - "Copyright, 1882, by J.L. Smith."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 812
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy 1 imperfect: Torn at fold lines; copy 2 also torn at fold lines and taped to repair edge tear.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col. ; 95 x 79 cm., folded to 23 x 14 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.W2G46 1882 .S5
- G3823.W2G46 1882 .S5 Copy 2 Also torn at fold lines, taped to repair edge tear.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823w la000812 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823w.la000812
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.