Maps Map of Amherst & Nelson cos. /
Dwight, C. S.
Amherst County (Va.)
Nelson County (Va.)
- Map of Amherst & Nelson cos. /
- Other Title
- Map of Amherst and Nelson counties
- Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V., Maj. Gen. J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer
- Contributor Names
- Dwight, C. S.
- Created / Published
- [Virginia : Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V.], 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Amherst County
- - Landowners--Virginia--Nelson County
- - Real property--Virginia--Amherst County
- - Real property--Virginia--Nelson County
- - Amherst County (Va.)
- - Nelson County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Amherst County
- - United States--Virginia--Nelson County
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Blue-line print.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the West Point Military Academy by his only daughter, Mrs J.F. Minis, Savannah. Ga."
- - "Approved Dec 6th 1864 Albert H. Campbell Maj Engr in chge Top Dep D.N. Va."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1208
- - "Gilmer maps no. 9."
- - Signature of Mrs. J.F. Gilmer in upper right corner.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 66 x 103 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.A6G46 1864 .D8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883a la001208 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883a.la001208
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.