Maps Jacob's 1878 official map of Prince Edward County, Virginia /
Prince Edward County
Prince Edward County
Prince Edward County (Va.)
- Jacob's 1878 official map of Prince Edward County, Virginia /
- Other Title
- Jacob's official map of Prince Edward County, Virginia
- Jacob's eighteen seventy eight official map of Prince Edward County, Virginia
- Official map of Prince Edward County, Virginia
- Prince Edward County, Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Jacob, H. (Surveyor)
- Created / Published
- [Washington] : H. Jacob, 1879
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Prince Edward County
- - Real property--Virginia--Prince Edward County
- - Prince Edward County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Prince Edward County
- - Shows magisteral districts and the names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward right.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1879 by H. Jacob, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1327
- - Includes text and information on boundaries.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Losses along fold-line, mounted on cloth. DLC
- 1 map ; 60 x 77 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.P6G46 1879 .J3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3883p la001327 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3883p.la001327
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.