Maps Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, with the names of property-holders : from actual surveys /
Friend & Au
Sidney & Neff
Administrative and Political Divisions
Allegheny County (Pa.)
- Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, with the names of property-holders : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Sidney & Neff.
- McCrea, S. (Surveyor)
- Moody, S.
- Friend & Aub.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Sidney & Neff ; Allegheny City : S. Moody, agent, 1851
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Land tenure--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County
- - Shows buildings with landowners' names in rural areas; does not show property boundaries.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to identify municipalities (townships, boroughs, cities).
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the district court of the eastern district of Penn'a by Sidney & Neff 1851."
- - Printed in NW/NE/SW/SE segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, annotated in lead pencil on both sides, missing small sections of margin at sheet edges, stained at upper margin.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 699
- - Includes directory of post-offices and ill. of court house.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 107 x 114 cm., sheets 59 x 59 cm. and 59 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.A4G46 1851 .S5
- G3823.A4G46 1851 .S5 Copy 2 has 1852 green oval copyright label affixed at head of title on NW sheet, whereas the printed District Court registration statement on SW sheet still has 1851.
- G3823.A4G46 1851 .S5 Copy 3 has neither label nor printed statement, but still has 1851 publication date (as do the other 2 copies).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.