Maps Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Beers, S. N.
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Prindle, A. B.
- Smith, Gallup & Hewitt.
- F. Bourquin & Co.
- Worley & Bracher.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Smith, Gallupp & Hewitt, publishers, 1862
- Subject Headings
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Business enterprises--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Directories
- - Pittsburgh (Pa.)--Maps
- - Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Allegheny (Pittsburgh, Pa.)--Maps
- - McKeesport (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
- - United States--Pennsylvania--McKeesport
- - General-content county map showing relief, roads, railroads, place-names, buildings in rural areas, and householders' names in rural areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Also covers the Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- - Former wall map hand col. to emphasize boundaries of minor civil divisions (cities, boroughs, townships).
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by H. & C.T. Smith in the year 1862 in ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on multiple sheets now conjoined; at a later date sectioned to 6 panels (3 panels per present sheet) to enable folding.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Brittle, missing sections at sheet edges, fold-lined, annotated in pencil and ink.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 701
- - Includes 24 insets of towns/villages (including the cities of Pittsburgh, Allegheny, and McKeesport), business directories (some indexed), distance table, statistical table/data, ill., and state coat-of-arms.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 156 x 149 cm., sheets 81 x 153 cm. and 82 x 152 cm., folded to 81 x 53 cm. and 82 x 153 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.A4 1862 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823a la000701 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823a.la000701
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.