Map of Bedford County, Pa. /
Walker, Edward L.
Bedford County (Pa.)
- Map of Bedford County, Pa. /
- Contributor Names
- Walker, Edward L. (Surveyor)
- Subject Headings
- - Bedford County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Bedford County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Bedford
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bedford
- - Bedford (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bedford County.
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; some insets (including Bedford) show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand colored to show township areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the ... Western District of Penn'a, July 8th 1861, by Edward L. Walker."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, rubber-stamped, water-stained in margins. DLC
- - Includes 1861 county statistical table, local business directories, stratigraphic "Columnar section", 10 borough/village insets, illustrations of prominent buildings/residences, and printer's advertisement.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 707
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map on 4 Sheets : Mounted on Cloth Backing, Hand Colored ; 102 X 106 Cm, Sheets 59 X 77 CM
- Call Number
- G3823.B4 1861 .W3
- G3823.B4 1861 .W3 Copy 2 Also trimmed, fold-lined, annotated in ink.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823b la000707 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823b.la000707
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.