Map of Berks County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
Berks County (Pa.)
- Map of Berks County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Fagan, L.
- Subject Headings
- - Berks County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Berks County
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Reading
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bernville
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Boyertown
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hamburg
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Leesport
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Womelsdorf
- - Reading (Pa.)
- - Bernville (Pa.)
- - Boyertown (Pa.)
- - Hamburg (Pa.)
- - Leesport (Pa.)
- - Womelsdorf (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Berks County.
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Reading (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bernville (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Boyertown (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hamburg (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Leesport (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Womelsdorf (Pa.)
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; the borough insets show real-property tracts (lots) and owners' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township/city boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1860 by H.F. Bridgens in the ... eastern Dis't of Penn'a."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, rubber-stamped. DLC
- - Includes distance table, statistical table, tabular post-office directory, and illustrations of prominent local structures.
- - Insets: Plan of the city of Reading / compiled by H.F. Bridgens July 1860 -- Plan of the borough of Bernville Sept'r 1860 -- Plan of Boyertown Oct'r 1860 -- Plan of the borough of Hamburg July 1860 -- Plan of the borough of Kutztown August 1860 -- Plan of Leesport July 1860 -- Plan of Womelsdorf July 1860.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 711
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map on 6 Sheets : Mounted on Cloth Backing, Hand Colored ; 136 X 157 Cm, Sheets 75 X 58 CM Or Smaller
- Call Number
- G3823.B5 1860 .F3
- G3823.B5 1860 .F3 Copy 2 Ttrimmed, cloth hemmed at outer edges, annotated on cloth backing in gray watercolor: Berk's Co., Pa.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823b la000711 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823b.la000711
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.