Maps Map of Cambria Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys & official records /
- Map of Cambria Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys & official records /
- Contributor Names
- Beers, D. G. (Daniel G.)
- Goodhue, J. H.
- Roe, Frederick B., 1845-1905.
- Pomeroy, A., active 1860-1874.
- Bourquin, F. (Frederick), 1808-
- Worley & Bracher.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Cambria County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Cambria County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Cambria County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Cambria County--Maps
- - Cambria County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Johnstown (Cambria County)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Carrolltown--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Ebensburg--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Gallitzin--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Wilmore--Maps
- - Johnstown (Cambria County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Carrolltown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Ebensburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Gallitzin (Pa.)--Maps
- - Wilmore (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Cambria County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Johnstown (Cambria County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Carrolltown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Ebensburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gallitzin
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Wilmore
- - County cadastral map showing townships, boroughs, rural buildings, real-property tracts, and landowners' names; borough insets show real-property tracts (lots), owners' names (save Johnstown inset), and building coverage.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1867 by A. Pomeroy in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Annotated in lead-pencil in small areas, annotated "Cambria Co.-Pa." in red wash on backing, outer sheet edges cloth hemmed.
- - Includes distance table and local business directories.
- - Borough/village insets: Carrolltown -- Belsano -- Munster -- Portage -- Loretto -- Wilmore -- Fairview -- St. Augustine -- Summit -- Gallitzin -- Ebensburg -- Hemlock -- Cresson -- Conemauch -- Perkinsville -- Scalp Level -- Chest Springs -- Geistown -- Summerhill -- Boroughs of Johnstown, Conemaugh, Woodvale, Prospect, Millville, and Cambria [later merged to form the City of Johnstown].
- - LC Land ownership maps, 719
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 130 x 117 cm, sheets 47 x 63 cm or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.C3G46 1867 .B4
- G3823.C3G46 1867 .B4 Copy 2 On single sheet (6 former sheets conjoined on cloth backing), not hand colored.
- G3823.C3G46 1867 .B4 Copy 3 On 4 sheets, shellacked, cracked, hand colored, darkened, brittle.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.