Maps Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
Chester County (Pa.)
West Chester (Pa.)
- Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia? : s.n.], 1847.
- Subject Headings
- - Chester County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Chester County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - West Chester (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chester County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Chester
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; larger real-property tracts with owners' names shown only in West Chester borough inset.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1847 by S.M. Painter & J.S. Bowen ... in and for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - LC copy 1 imperfect: Darkened, fold-lined, quartered to fold to 54 x 62 cm., has ghost title (reversed) at head of printed title; copy 2 incomplete, rubber-stamped, annotated.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 723
- - Includes note, statistical table, "Borough of West Chester" inset, and inset of the Newark triangle (later transferred to New Castle County, Del.).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 112 cm., folded to 54 x 62 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.C5 1847 .P3
- G3823.C5 1847 .P3 Copy 2 Not hand col. (black-and-white), on 2 sheets, missing NE and SE sheets.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823c la000723 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823c.la000723
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.